Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week 4

We're settling into a kind of routine, I guess, but on the other hand it feels like every day is different. Officially we're still in week 3, because we haven't done everything it called for us to do, but we're also half way through week 4 in some things, and in week 6 for math. As long as we're getting work done every day I feel good about our progress.

Somebody gave us a copy of the kindergarten science program, which I hadn't ordered, and Maid Marian is really excited about it. Most of it deals with nature and trees and the way God made the world, which is right up her alley. It looks like it's going to have a unit on simple machines though, and some other stuff that it will be good for her to know. We went on a nature walk last night and picked up a bunch of leaves, and then brought them back and looked them up in the field guide we got from the library. She's having a good time.

We've finished The Boxcar Children and are going to be starting part of James Herriot's kids' stories next. The math is getting a bit more challenging- she's learning to count by tens and do simple addition problems properly. It's still pretty easy for her, but she does have to think about it now.

So, off to do some reading while she does copywork. If you'd like her to write you a letter, tell her! She's getting good at writing and loves sending out mail.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I need to find the bar graph I made for my courses. Sometimes they were all equal and some weeks I did almost nothing in one subject and half the course in the other. Slight exaggeration, but you get the point.

I would love a letter if the Maid wants to write one!

loni said...

Sounds like you are both doing a great job! My girl would LOVE to get a letter from yours. They could be pen pals! I am in love with the thought already!