Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Noah's Ark

So it turns out we're supposed to be reading that story tomorrow. Today is the Fall and also Cain and Abel. You know, just some light reading... Good times. I'd already told her it was Noah day though, so we're switching it around and doing that other stuff tomorrow. Yay! Have I mentioned how much I love making my own schedule and working with her interests?

Anyway, Marian's in the mood now to play with her Noah's Pals, and I always love watching her interact with the animals. She has quite a few now, having spent all her birthday money on ordering more. Today they're having a race. She's lining them all up in order from smallest to largest and dividing them into two teams. So far the line seems to be between Owen and Olivia Ostrich. She gets to run with the small team. I'm thinking she'll smoke the skunks and kinkajous. Something's not quite fair there.

She talks to them constantly as she works, and I love the way she can remember all the names they came with. "Okay, Blake, you run next to Taylor, and be nice this time...." "Hayden lost his ear last time running on the rocks, he needs to be more careful!" She's discussing the creation of special saddles to put on the bigger animals so they can carry the smaller ones who can't run well. It's so cute. She's in a really creative mood.

Then she tells me, "I have some bad animals, Mama. Some of them CHEAT! and also LIE! And that is not nice." I ask why do they do that? and she says very seriously, "It's because they're from the devil." I had to work so hard to keep a straight face. She's been asking a lot of deep spiritual questions in the car lately about angels and God and the devil and I know she's really been mulling it over. I told her she needed to try to show all her animals God's love then, so they wouldn't want to stay with the devil, and so now they're getting lessons. She's got them all lying down to take a nap before the race and she's talking to them very earnestly.

"There is just ONE God. There is not, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eightnineten Gods. And He loves you! You should love Him too...."

3 comments:

shoeaddict said...

Oh that is soooo cute! She is so adorable. We (ahem) want to see a picture of her :)

Kate said...

Amen! So cute and funny and yet so true and just wonderful.

KatieBug said...

I LOVE that they CHEAT! and also LIE! That girl cracks me up!!! :)