Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 4

Well, I'd heard somewhere that you can homeschool a kindergartener with a good half hour of time every day. It's totally true. Maid Marian woke up with an attitude and a hacking cough and spent several hours lying in the living room with Noah and his pals. We didn't start school until after lunch and we're fine. We got caught up on Bible work, still ahead on math and novel, and we just need to read our biography to be done for the day.

But first we're off to the grocery store to get picnic fodder. We're going to watch the new Ariel movie and eat on the floor tonight. Because she doesn't have to get up crazy early for school tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Making your own schedule sounds very, very nice. Especially when the alarm goes off at 5:30AM. For a while when I was doing independent study, my dad let me shift my whole entire day later. I didn't eat enough so it didn't work out, but I loved that I had the chance to try it out.

I'm glad that things are going so well! Well, except for the hacking cough.

Alli said...

Loving reading this! It's making me SO EXCITED for Oct to get here already.