Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 1

Accomplished before 10:15 today:
~Language work- F week. Cut pictures from magazines and make F collage. Look at F pages in My First Picture Dictionary. Copywork- first name with proper spacing and shape of letters, 3x
~Math work- Lessons 1-3 Kindergarten Horizons Math book 1. She loves this. Was annoyed I would only let her get that far ahead.
~Read creation story in Genesis. Working on Romans 3:23 for this week's memory verse.
~Began discussion of Martin Luther in Hero Tales. Talked about indulgences and why the church was not teaching the truth.

I woke her up at 8:00 this morning. No more sleeping in as late as she wants. She has from 8-8:30 to get her morning chores done and then we sit down to breakfast. School starts at 9. Except Tuesdays when she has tumbling class. Then we'll do it at 10.

The only thing we have left on the agenda is to read Chapter 1 of The Boxcar Children and do the discussion questions about Luther. This is fun. REALLY fun. I got up on time and had the kitchen all clean and the table set for breakfast and I made pancakes.

It's been a good day.

Update: And now we're done.  She's like her mama- nonfiction is BORING.  I'm going to have to work a little harder to make Martin Luther interesting and memorable.

However, she's loving The Boxcar Children.  We read two chapters already and again, she's annoyed with me that I won't whiz through it.  :)

3 comments:

Alli said...

SO exciting! Hope your whole school year can be like today.

Kate said...

How fun! Well, except for the Martin Luther stuff. That's a little dry and she's probably a little young for a little Canterbury Tales action. =)

I loved The Boxcar Children. I can totally relate to why she's sad to have to wait to read more.

shoeaddict said...

FUN!! It sounds like a blast.