Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And Then Crickets Chirped...

because I ignored this pathetic little blog for weeks on end....

I'm still kind of struggling with the purpose of writing it in the first place. I guess in my shiny naivete I had hoped there would be a-ha moments every day and I could showcase her fabulous skillz or something. I don't know. And instead I find myself thinking about every 4-6 weeks, oh... I should write something. And all I can think to say is the same old stuff. She likes Bible. She doesn't like much else. Reading to her gets old for both of us. I wish she was learning to read faster. She is making lots of progress though. We discovered a series about fairies that she likes, and I've been reading her a bunch of that. Even though it's not official curriculum, I'm pleased that she still wants me to read to her outside of schoolwork stuff.

We never did make it to the zoo. However, I worked with Robin Hood and he is the king of animal sounds now. He knows so many that it makes me laugh. We're also working on colors and shapes, and I'm trying to do a bunch of counting stuff with him too because right now he looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask him to do it. Randomly, he'll throw the next number in the series in though, so I know he understands at least something about the process. Maid Marian was counting to 9 for something the other day and he was running after her yelling TEN! TEN!

She's really good at counting by tens now and has finally mastered fives as well. We're having a good time. I need to stop stressing. We're on Christmas break this week but I didn't tell her that, so we're catching up on some of the stuff we're behind on. It's working out nicely.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Did you read The Magic Faraway Tree books? SO cool. Enid Blyton. I could send a set. That's the book that prompted by brother's saucepan man costume for Halloween.